Located in the Sierras Centrales y Embalse de Alange Special Protection Area, just 15 km. from Mérida. This country B&B has views of the Alange Reservoir as well as a pleasent and comfortable atmosphere. It is located next to the Balneario de Alange (Alange Spa dating back to Roman times) which is a World Heritage Site. In the rustic patio you can easily watch black wheatear and blue rock thrush. In the spring and summer you can hear the gull-billed terns that breed in the reservoir and it’s not unusual to spot Bonelli’s eagle, golden eagle, black vulture and griffon vulture while walking through the village.
This welcoming country B&B is newly remodeled and they have incorportated parts of the old building. The capacity is for 12-14 people divided into three double rooms with double beds and three double rooms with twin beds. They also have extra beds if necessary. There is a spacious living-dining room area where you can get together as well as a lovely cool patio with a barbecue grill.
Breakfast is abundant and delicious, made with care and local products and homemade jams. They are flexible with times.
The kitchen is fully equipped and available for guests, however meals can also be pre-arranged if you prefer not to cook.
Pets are always welcome if you let the owners know in advance.
CRITERIA EL BALCÓN DE ALANGE FULFILLS
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Good food for a great price
- Nest boxes in the garden or nearby
- Bird feeders in the garden or nearby
- Updated list of birds seen at the establishment
- Free wi-fi