Located on the outside of the Picos de Europa Natural Park, however very near the best coastal areas such as San Vicente de la Barquera in Cantabria, Tina Mayor, Ribadesella and Villaviciosa in Asturias.
The house is built in traditional Asturian-style architecture divided into two independent flats with capacity for 4-6 people that is rented exclusively. It is fully equipped with appliances and has a rustic decoration. The views from the house are spectacular and you may even get the chance to see the release of one of the bearded vultures from the local species reintroducción program. The garden is visited by bullfinches, great spotted woodpeckers, robins, long-tailed tits and many other birds. In the nearby oakwoods you can see middle spotted woodpecker and wallcreepers on the cliffs.
Prices range between 60€ and 85€ depending on the season. Extra beds are free of charge.
The owners are experienced naturalists and offer guiding services.
Criteria Río Aliso fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Bird feeders in the garden
- Themed decoration
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- The establishment has lovely views
- Safe private parking