The accommodation is located in the Aiguamolls de l’Empordà Natural Park, opposite the Mig de Dos Rius Reserve, next to the river and near the beach. The Aiguamolls de l’Empordà Natural Park is one of the 3 main Catalan humid zones, an exceptional place for birding with a multitude of wintering anatidae, waders, herons and it is also the nesting spot for emblematic and threatened species like bittern. You can see crake, red-throated pipit, white-winged tern, red-footed falcon and many others. The Cap de Creus Natural Park and the Montgrí, Illes Medes i Baix Ter Natural Park are less than 30 min. away.
This is a good option if you prefer to stay in a calm and spacious environment near the mentioned nature areas, easily reached by bike or on foot.
The country house has five rooms equipped with a bathroom, heating and television. Two of the rooms have terraces. The dining room is sunny and looks out onto the garden. The living room has a fireplace, television, stereo system and board games. Enjoy gazing out onto the garden from the upper floor. They also have a pool and a play area for children.
The rooms are rented seperately, include breakfast and are priced between 89€ and 114€ during low season. They offer afternoon snacks and dinners (18€) and picnic baskets (9€) by request as well as bike rentals. There is a free of charge pick-up service by car from the Sant Miquel de Fluvià station.
With 76 points, the Mas del Joncar receives 4 feathers!
Criteria El Mas del Joncar fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 5 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Good food for a great price
- Bird feeders in the garden
- Sale of souvenirs or there is a nearby specialised establishment that does (PNAE Information Centre in Cortalet)
- They have a guest book and a book where they record the ornithological records
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- The establishment has lovely views
- Free wi-fi
- Safe private parking