This is a great place near the Lagunas de Villafáfila Natural Reserve that features the lagoon as well as steppe areas where you can see aquatic birds, nocturnal raptors, waders and steppe birds like the great bustard which is abundant.
The accomodation is located in the center of Villarrín de Campos which is the first town to the South of Villafáfila. The dinner menu is first rate and plentiful. The owners are strong believers in birding and nature tourism and offer guests information on the best areas to observe fauna as well as the Iberian wolf. If you travel with children, there is a fenced-in garden perfect for them to play in.
There are 5 available rooms each decorated in a different continental style which range from 60€ to 70€ for the double room. The restaurant has great quality traditional and international cuisine.
The accommodation is gay-friendly. Pets are allowed for an additional charge.
Criteria Laguna del Villardon fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- There are birding routes close to the establishment
- Food is served and this is good or very good quality/price value
- Bird baths in the garden
- Use of energy efficient mechanisms and renewable energy
- Sale of souvenirs or there is a nearby specialised establishment that does (Villafáfila Interpretation Centre)
- Themed decoration
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- Safe parking
- Free wi-fi