Located in the Valle de Hecho in Aragon Pyrenees. This is a prime location to base yourself while searching for high montane specialists like Bearded Vulture, wallcreeper, Alpine Chough and many more. In the beechwoods there are Black Woodpecker and other typical Pyrenean woodland species.
This charming rural hotel is owned and run by Imanol and Lucia and has been awarded a Lonely Birder Approved 4 feather rating, obtaining 87 points on our list of criteria.
The location is unbeatable: there are several trails nearby where you can search for emblematic Pyrenean species. From the garden you have fantastic views of the rocky escarpments which crown the Hecho valley and which you can scan for Griffon Vulture and Bearded Vulture.
In the dining room there is a small but interesting library that you can browse after a busy day. 80% of the htel’s energy comes from renewable sources. Imanol is a mountain guide and knows well the breeding areas of Wallcreeper, one of the star species to be seen here.
8 bedrooms, 3 apartments for 2/ 4 people and an apartment nearby with one single room. Without frills, but comfortable and all you need for an excellent few days in the Pyrenees.
Imanol also produces various brews of a quality homemade beer, Pirineos Bier.
CRITERIA MET BY USON RURAL HOTEL
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- Owners are memebrs of conservation organisations
- Actively participate in research projects or conservation
- Birdwatching routes near establishment
- Food: correct quality/ price ratio
- Feeders in the garden
- Birdbaths in the garden
- Offer hides to photgraph birds
- Use of energy efficient mechanisms and renewable energy
- Themed decoration
- Promote bird conservation
- Good views from the property
- Libarary with more than 10 books and 1 specialist magazine
- Free WiFi
- Waste recycling
- Private, safe parking