Located in the Benasque Valley near the Posets Maladeta Natural Park in the Huesca Pyrenees (NE Spain). This is a very good area for mountain birdwatching. The hotel has bird feeders for smaller species and offers guiding services with prior reservation. They also offer the possibility to photograph small birds from the hotel in a nearby area or from hides.
This small hotel has 8 rooms where guests are well taken care of by the owners who have positioned their accommodation for birding. The hotel is Lonely Birder Approved with 4 feathers. There is a well-stocked library and a separate room where groups can gather to do checklists.
Pets are allowed and they are specialised in dog care. Yet another reason for those who love birding and canine company. Breakfast hours are flexible and their packed lunches are very complete but you need to arrange for them the day before.
Prices for the double room range between 79€ and 105€.
Criteria La Casa del Río fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Good food for a great price
- Nest boxes in the garden or nearby
- Bird feeders in the garden or nearby
- Bird baths in the garden or nearby
- Use of energy efficient mechanisms and renewable energy
- Photography hides available
- Themed decoration
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- The establishment has lovely views
- Free wi-fi
- Safe private parking