A country hotel located near Belchite and the El Planerón Bird Reserve run by SEO/Birdlife. The area is an extensive steppe zone with an abundance of birds such as Pin-tailed Sangrouse, Black-bellied Sangrouse, Little Bustard and Stone-curlew among others as well as having the largest Iberian population of Dupont’s lark.
The hotel has 10 rooms named after birds from the area. Due to the birdwatching guests that visit the hotel for its proximity to the Belchite and el Planerón Reserves, the owner has conditioned the hotel for this type of tourism.
It is one of the few accommodations in the area. It has a garden as well as a pool where you can cool off after a hot day of birding in the Zaragoza steppes.
Criteria El Rincón del Cierzo fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Nest boxes in the garden or nearby
- Bird baths in the garden or nearby
- Photography hides available (their own or another company’s)
- They have a guest book and a book where they record the ornithological records
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- Free wi-fi
- Safe private parking