This country B&B in Berdún is strategically located for birding in the best places of the central Pyrenees like the Hecho and Ansó Valleys and the Valles Occidentales Natural park as well as Mediterranean areas of the Hoya, Huesca region.
The English owners have lived in the area for more than 20 years and have accumulated lots of experience. Even though they aren’t birders themselves, they have decided to market towards this type of tourism and have been able to continue to spark interest in the area that attracts British birdwatchers. They are Lonely Birder Approved with 4 feathers.
It is located on the outskirts of town which guarantees a calm ideal place to rest after long days of birding. They have a spacious garden and a large library with a fireplace which is the perfect spot to end the day next to the fire in the winter to update your check list or read a book.
There are different types of accommodation available: fully equipped apartments for 6 people or double rooms with bathrooms. The house can be rented exclusively or by rooms.
Pets are allowed.
Criteria Casa Sarasa fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 5 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Good food for a great price
- Updated list of birds seen at the establishment
- Use of energy efficient mechanisms and renewable energy
- Themed decoration
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- The establishment has lovely views
- Library with more than 10 specialised books and more than 2 specialised magazines
- Free wi-fi
- Safe private parking