Located in a spectacular natural surrounding for birding in the Las Hoces del Alto Ebro and Rudrón Natural Park near the Ebro Reservoir in Burgos. It is ideal for the observation of raptors, forest and aquatic birds.
Autoguided routes are available for the clients with bird lists for each route. The Castilla and León Bird List will be gifted with the birds from the región of Las Meindades marked in bold. The library has more than 300 volumes and is accessible to clients with guides ranging from HBW, the best ID guides as well as several volumes on the Burgos ornithology. They also have all the volumes of Ardeola as well as many of Dutch Birding, British Birds, African Bird Club, etc.
There are 6 duplex rooms with a private living room and bathroom. The double room runs at 71€ plus tax.
The owner of the inn is a local birder and very knowledgeable on the birdlife of the surroundings. He has a long career as a conservationist and is also a nature guide.
Criteria Molino del Canto fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Good food for a great price
- Nest boxes in the garden (12)
- Bird feeders in the garden (17, only in winter)
- Bird baths in the garden or nearby
- Use of energy efficient mechanisms and renewable energy (bioconstruction criteria and 65% biomass)
- Updated bird list of birds seen at the establishment
- Sale of souvenirs
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- They have a book where they record the ornithological records
- The establishment has lovely views
- Themed decoration
- Library with more than 20 specialised books and more than 2 specialised magazines
- Free wi-fi
- Safe parking