A country in located in the center of the Redes Natural Park in Asturias, a park which has been declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO with species such as the middle spotted woodpecker, the black woodpecker, the grey partridge and the western capercaillie among many others. In the rivers and streams it is possible to find Pyremean desman and otter and Iberian wolf and ungulates in the mountains.
The inn has seven double rooms with private bathrooms, a living room, an extensive naturalist library, a chimney, a dining room, a garden, a veranda and private parking. The rooms are rented individually and homemade breakfasts and dinners can be arranged using traditional recipes and some quality ingredients from the garden. You can also order packed lunches (lunch box).
From the lodging you can observe many birds and the owner has an up to date list of birds, mammals and butterflies (70 species!) that can be seen from the garden.
The double room runs between 65€ and 80€ depending on the season and it includes breakfast.
The owners, both biologists and experts on the surrounding area, will help you plan your birdwatching outings, nature photography and hiking routes.
Criteria Los Riegos fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Good food for a great price
- Nest boxes in the garden or nearby
- Bird feeders in the garden or nearby
- Bird baths in the garden or nearby
- Updated list of birds, mammals and butterflies seen at the establishment
- Use of energy efficient mechanisms and renewable energy
- Sale of souvenirs or there is a nearby specialised establishment that does (There is an Interpretation Centre nearby as well as a store that sell bird-decorated porcelain that the owner makes)
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- The establishment has lovely views
- Library with more than 20 specialised books and more than 2 specialised magazines
- Free wi-fi
- Safe parking