Gerber is a small rural town located 6 km. Ainsa, in the Sobrarbe in the province of Huesca, where you will find the Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park, the Natural Park of Posets-Maladeta and Sierra y Cañones de Guara Natural Park, the best sites Pyrenees for birding highlighting species like Wallcreeper, osprey, ptarmigan and gray partridge, black woodpecker, etc.
It is a rural accommodation room rental. Has 6 large bedrooms, 3 of which have double beds, the rest have twin beds. It also offers a single room. All rooms are fully equipped with bathroom and offer superb views of the Peña Montañesa, the people of Gerbe, or Mediano Reservoir.
The owner is an ornithologist and offers several guided downloadable pdf from the web paths. The views are spectacular from the trough passerine birds can be observed from a variety of raptors.
They are serving breakfast and dinner. They are preparing hides for observing small passerines.
Criteria Casa Gerbe fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Active participants in research and conservation studies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Nest boxes in the garden
- Bird feeders in the garden
- Bird baths in the garden or nearby
- Sale of souvenirs or there is a nearby specialised establishment
- The establishment has lovely views
- External Photographic hides and recommends preparing your own in the garden
- Wi-fi gratuito
- Safe parking