Located in Casar de Cáceres, near the city of Cáceres, this establishment is at the doorstep of the los Llanos de Cáceres y Sierrra de Fuentes Special Protection Area and just a few minutes away from the Sierra de San Pedro.
These apartments are reasonably priced and ideal for birders who are looking for a spacious lodging equipped for cooking, wash, etc. The price is 60€ per night however the apartments have room for 4, so the price in the end could be just 15€ per person per night. If you stay for more than a week, there is a considerable discount.
The owners welcome their guests with a basket of local products and can provide you with information on the area and suggestions for excursions. They also offer services such as fishing, hiking, birdwatcing, a pool, horseback riding, padel tennis and tennis.
The proximity to Cáceres with its important urban special protection area (large colonies of lesser kestral, stork, etc.) makes this establishment a practical choice for their better price and easy parking.
Criteria Apartamentos Barbancho fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Photography hides available (another company’s)
- Nesting boxes for Lesser Kestrel
- Promote the conservation of birds and their environment
- Free wi-fi