Located in the southeast of La Sierra and Cañones de Guara Natural Park, this lodging is the result of a recent family initiative which led them to remodel and convert the family home into rural apartments. Due to their interest in birding tourism, they have upgraded the apartments in order to improve the birdwatcher’s stay.
It is a good choice both for couples as well as groups or families since it has capacity for up to 8 people. All the facilities are new to guarantee maximum comfort and allow you to feel at home. The apartment kitchens are stocked with dishes, silverware, appliances and generous space. Breakfast is the only food service offered at this lodging.
The views from the terraces of the Somontano are spectacular and a great place to observe a good list of birds. The star bird of the area is the bearded vulture which occasionaly flies over the nearby Sevil Sierra, as well as other large raptors such as golden eagle, Egyptian vulture, red kite, griffon vulture, etc.
Criteria Los Apartamentos Casa Villacampa fulfills
- Located in a nature area
- Provides information on birds of the area
- Offers guiding services through local guides
- Has a library with at least 10 specialised books and 1 magazine
- Flexible times (early breakfast, late check-in and dinner)
- The owners are members of conservation societies
- Birdwathing routes near the establishment
- Nest boxes in the garden
- Bird baths in the garden
- Photography hides available (their own or another company’s)
- They have a book where they record the ornithological records
- Themed decoration
- The establishment has lovely views
- Free wi-fi
- Safe private parking